The HUB offers a 90-day program with the goal of helping our guests gain stability and housing. Services are available upon the completion of an intake interview. We meet one-on-one with individuals and families to help them in their present situation and assist them in moving forward.
What you can expect from us:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect.
- We will provide you with information about services that may be able to help you.
- We will work with you one-on-one to help you in your progress in the program.
What we expect from you:
- Be serious about getting out of homelessness by making progress in the program.
- Be respectful. We expect to be treated with the same level of respect that we pledge to show you.
- Be honest. We can only help you if the information you give us is accurate.
- Be sober. This is a drug-free work place. You may be asked to leave if we suspect you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The HUB is a referral service that connects individuals to local, state, and federal services, including
- DHS (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Social Security Administration
- Local Food Banks and Soup Kitchens
- Medical Treatment (for physical, psychological, and/or emotional support)
- Addiction Recovery Services
- Legal Assistance
- Other Services
Our on-site services include
- One-on-one meetings with our volunteers to work toward program goals.
- One-day bus passes for qualified HUB guests (based on need and availability).
- A temporary mailing address (available during our normal business hours).
- Assistance in getting identification (birth certificates or photo IDs).
- Access to computers for connective services.
- Budgeting, life skills, and job readiness classes.
- Light snacks and refreshments.
- Backpacks and hygiene products.
- Free monthly haircuts.
Many underprivileged individuals and families lack a consistent place to call home. This can cause issues with employment, custody, and more. At HUB, volunteers, as well as local agencies, work with homeless community members to help them find permanent housing solutions.